Low Reverse Shift Solenoid Test Conclusion
The Chrysler solenoid pack is an item most Chrysler (Dodge or Plymouth) vehicles will need to get replaced sooner or later. Over the years, working as diagnostic tech in an automotive repair shop, I've replaced quite a few of them... so, in this section, I want to share a couple of personal suggestions that I think will help you:
- Whenever any of the shift solenoids, inside the solenoid pack, go BAD... the transmission will go into LIMP IN mode. This means the transaxle will stay and run in 2nd gear only.
- A BAD Low Reverse Shift Solenoid will not cause your transmission to slip.
- If your vehicle's Transaxle is slipping... then replacing the solenoid pack will not help... since slippage is a direct result of internal Transaxle damage (burned clutch discs, broken/worn internal hard parts, etc).
- Can a BAD solenoid pack cause the transaxle to go BAD?... the answer is YES if you don't take care of the problem as soon as possible and/or continue driving it for extended amounts of time/distance in LIMP IN mode.
I hope this test tutorial helped you.
Chrysler Transmission Solenoid Pack Tutorials
The following tutorials relate to this transmission solenoid pack tutorial:
- How To Test Diagnostic Trouble Code P0755 (2-4 Shift Solenoid Malfunction).
- How To Test Diagnostic Trouble Code P0760 (Overdrive Solenoid Malfunction).
- How To Test Diagnostic Trouble Code P0765 (Shift Solenoid D Malfunction).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!