This typical ignition system circuit diagram applies only to the 1997, 1997, and 1999 4.6L V8 Ford F150 and F250 only.
Includes: ignition coil packs, CKP sensor, and CAM sensor circuits.
NOTE: The following tutorials will help you with test the ignition coil packs:
- How To Test The 2 Coil Packs (Ford 4.6L V8) (at: troubleshootmyvehicle.com).
More 4.6L, 5.4L Ford Diagnostic Tutorials
There are quite a few tutorials for the 4.6L and 5.4L equipped Ford F150, F250 pick-ups and Expedition SUV. You can check them out in this index:
Here's a small sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Clean The Ford MAF Sensor (Ford 4.2L, 4.6L, 5.4L).
- How To Test The Fuel Injectors (1997-2002 4.6L F150).
- How To Test The Ford EGR Valve EGR Vacuum Solenoid, DPFE Sensor.
- How To Test The Ford MAF Sensor (4.2L, 4.6L, 5.4L).
- How To Test The 4.6L, 5.4L Ford Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!