This typical circuit diagram of the ignition coil, ignition control module, and pickup coil applies to:
- 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Chevrolet/GMC 1500, 2500, and 3500 Pick Up and Suburban equipped with a 4.3L V6, or a 5.0L v8, or a 5.8L V8 engine.
- 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Chevrolet Astro (GMC Safari).
NOTE: Testing the ignition system is a breeze. This tutorial will help you test the ignition coil, ignition module, and the crankshaft position sensor (pickup coil): How To Test The GM Distributor Mounted Ignition Module.
The typical ignition system circuit diagram for the 1996-1999 4.3L, 5.0L, and 5.7L 1500, 2500, 3500 Pick Up and Suburban can be found here: Ignition System Circuit Diagram (1996-1999 Chevy/GMC Pick Up And SUV).
More GM 4.3L, 5.0L, And 5.7L Tutorials
You can find a complete list of GM 4.3L, 5.0L, and 5.7L tutorials in this index:
Here's a small sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test A Misfire / No Spark-No Start Condition (4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L 96-04).
- How To Clean The GM Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor.
- How To Test The Throttle Position Sensor (GM 4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L).
- How To Test The GM Ignition Control Module (1995-2005).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!