2-4 Shift Solenoid Test Conclusion
Over the years, working as diagnostic tech in an automotive repair shop, I've replaced quite a few bad Chrysler Solenoid Packs, so in this section, I want to share a couple of personal suggestions that I think will help you:
- Whenever any of the Shift Solenoids, inside the Solenoid Pack, go bad, the Transmission will go into LIMP IN mode. This means the Transaxle (this is the correct technical name for a front-wheel drive automatic transmission) will stay and run in 2nd gear only.
- A bad 2-4 Shift Solenoid will not cause your Transmission to slip.
- If your vehicle's Transaxle is slipping, then replacing the Solenoid Pack will not help since slippage is a direct result of internal Transaxle damage (burned clutch discs, broken/worn internal hard parts, etc).
- Can a bad solenoid pack cause the transaxle to go bad?, the answer is YES if you don't take care of the problem as soon as possible and/or continue driving it for extended amounts of time/distance in LIMP IN mode.
Hope this tutorial helped!
Chrysler Transmission Solenoid Pack Tutorials
The following tutorials relate to this transmission solenoid pack tutorial:
- Testing Diagnostic Trouble Code P0750 (Low Reverse Shift Solenoid Malfunction).
- How To Test Diagnostic Trouble Code P0760 (Overdrive Solenoid Malfunction).
- How To Test Diagnostic Trouble Code P0765 (Shift Solenoid D Malfunction).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!