Location Of The Oxygen Sensors
NOTE: The above illustration is for dual exhaust Ford V8 and V6 equipped vehicles. The Ford vehicles covered by this tutorial are dual exhaust equipped with a total of 4 oxygen sensors.
Where To Buy The Oxygen Sensor and Save Some $$$
If you find, after testing the upstream oxygen sensor that its heater element is fried... take a look at the links below. I think they'll save you some bucks:
NOTE: If you're not sure if the above O2 sensor fit your particular 4.2L V6 equipped F150 (E150 or E250) don't worry... once you get to the site, they'll make sure the sensor switch is the right one, if not, they'll find you the right one.
More 4.2L Ford Diagnostic Tutorials
You can find a complete list of 4.2L Ford tutorials in this index:
Here's a small sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test The Fuel Pump (4.2L Ford E150, E250, F150).
- How To Test The Fuel Injectors (4.2L Ford).
- How To Test The Throttle Position Sensor (4.2L Ford F150, E150, E250).
- How To Test The Ford EGR Valve EGR Vacuum Solenoid, DPFE Sensor.
- How To Test The Coil Pack (Ford 3.0L, 3.8L, 4.0L, 4.2L).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!