Adjusting The Throttle Valve Switch
The throttle valve switch has a to be adjusted when replaced (or if it has been mis-adjusted).
These are the factory manual steps:
- Start and warm up the engine till it reaches its normal operating temperature. Once warmed up, stop the engine.
- Place a .24" (.60 mm) feeler gauge between the throttle linkage lever and the throttle linkage stop screw (this throttle plate stop screw is on the throttle body).
- The throttle linkage lever is identified by the number 1 in the photo below.
- The throttle linkage stop screw is identified by the number 2 in the photo below.
- Unplug the throttle valve switch from its connector.
- With your multimeter in Ohms mode, continuity should exist between pin #1 and pin #2.
- If your multimeter does not indicate continuity then loosen the throttle valve adjustment screws and rotate the switch till your multimeter registers continuity.
- Tighten the TV switch adjustment screws to lock in the adjustment.
- Now, check continuity between pin #2 and pin #3 with the throttle plate in its wide open throttle (WOT) position. Your multimeter should register continuity.
- Reconnect the throttle valve switch to its connector and you're done.
Where To Buy The Throttle Valve Switch And Save
Check out the following links and comparison shop the throttle valve switch on your 2.6L Isuzu Amigo, Rodeo or Pick up (Honda Passport):
Not sure if the above throttle valve switch fits your particular 2.6L Isuzu Pick Up (Amigo, Rodeo)? Don't worry, once you click on the links and arrive on the site, they'll make sure it fits! If it doesn't, they'll find you the right one.
More 2.6L Isuzu Diagnostic Tutorials
You can find a complete list of 2.6L Isuzu tutorials in this index: Isuzu 2.6L Index Of Articles.
Here's a small sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test The Fuel Injectors (2.6L Isuzu Pick Up).
- 2.6L Isuzu MAF Sensor Test Amigo, Pick Up, Rodeo (1993-96).
- Blown Head Gasket Test Amigo, Pick Up, Rodeo (1993-96 Isuzu 2.6L).
- How To Test The Isuzu Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor.
- Engine Compression Test (2.6L Isuzu) Amigo, Pick Up, Rodeo (1993-96).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!