This typical circuit diagram of the fuel pump circuit applies to:
- 1996 (4.9L, 5.0L, 5.8L) Ford F150, F250, F350 with single tank fuel system.
This fuel pump circuit wiring diagram includes the following circuits:
- Fuel Pump Relay.
- Fuel Pump Inertia Switch.
- Fuel Pump.
NOTE: You can find the 1993-1996 F-Series Pickup fuel pump (with dual fuel tanks) circuit diagram here:
- Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram (1993-1995 Ford F150, F250, F350).
- Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram -Dual Fuel Tanks (1996 Ford F150, F250, F350).
These are the component locations:
- Fuel Pump: In gasoline tank.
- Fuel Pump Inertia Switch: Right kick panel (inside pick-up).
- Fuel Pump Relay: In the under-hood fuse and relay box.
More 4.9L, 5.0L, and 5.8L Ford Tutorials
You can find more tutorials Ford F150, F250, and F350 in the following index:
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test The Ford Ignition Control Module (Distributor Mounted).
- How To Test The Ford Ignition Control Module.
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Test (Ford 5.0L, 5.8L).
- How To Test The Ford Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor.
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!