This typical circuit diagram of the two fuel pump circuits applies to:
- 1996 (4.9L, 5.0L, 5.8L, 7.5L) Ford F150, F250, F350 with dual fuel tanks.
This fuel pump circuit wiring diagram includes the following circuits:
- Fuel Pump Relay.
- Fuel Pump Inertia Switch.
- Fuel Tank Selector Switch.
- Front Tank Fuel Pump.
- Rear Tank Fuel Pump.
It's important to note that the EEC-IV fuel injection system uses a PCM with 80 pins.
The EEC-V fuel injection system uses a PCM with 104 pins.
The following diagnostic tutorial will help you test the front and rear tank fuel pumps:
NOTE: You can find the 1993-1995 F-Series Pickup fuel pump circuit diagrams here:
- Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram -Dual Fuel Tanks (1993-1995 Ford F150, F250, F350) (dual tank fuel system).
- Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram -Single Tank (1996 Ford F150, F250, F350) (single tank fuel system).
More 4.9L, 5.0L, and 5.8L Ford Tutorials
You can find more tutorials Ford F150, F250, and F350 in the following index:
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test The Ford Ignition Control Module (Distributor Mounted).
- How To Test The Ford Ignition Control Module.
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Test (Ford 5.0L, 5.8L).
- How To Test The Ford Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor.
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!