Here's a simplified wiring diagram of the alternator circuit for the 1993-1994 2.3L Ford Ranger. The 1992 alternator circuit wiring diagram is in the previous page.
One thing to note, is that the 12 gauge inline fusible link (that protects the alternator's battery circuit) connects to the starter motor relay. This starter motor relay is bolted to the firewall, next to the battery.
More 2.3L Ford Tutorials
You can find a complete list of tutorials here: Ford 2.3L Index of Articles.
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find there:
- 1992-1994 2.3L Ford Ranger Fuel Injector Wiring Diagram.
- How To Test The Throttle Position Sensor (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test The Ignition Module And Crank Sensor (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test For A Blown Head Gasket (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test The Fuel Injectors (1990-1997 2.3L Ford) (at: troubleshootmyvehicle.com).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!