Blower Resistor Continuity Specification Tables
Sooner or later the blower resistor is going to fail. As you've seen so far, testing it is a pretty easy affair.
In the following table I've recorded the results I got testing one on a Ford Ranger.
I can tell you that you're probably not going to see the exact same resistance values and that's OK. The important thing to remember is that if your multimeter shows you a NO continuity test result (indicated by the letters OL on your digital multimeter), the resistor block is bad and needs to be replaced.
Where To Buy The Blower Motor Resistor
Thankfully, the blower motor resistor, for the 1995, 1996, and 1997 2.3L Ford Ranger (Mazda B2300) is not expensive. The following links will help you to comparison shop for it and hopefully save you a few bucks:
More 2.3L Ford Tutorials
You can find a complete list of tutorials here: Ford 2.3L Index of Articles.
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find there:
- 1992-1994 2.3L Ford Ranger Fuel Injector Wiring Diagram.
- How To Test The Throttle Position Sensor (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test The Ignition Module And Crank Sensor (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test For A Blown Head Gasket (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test The Fuel Injectors (1990-1997 2.3L Ford) (at: troubleshootmyvehicle.com).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!