Blower Resistor Continuity Specification Tables
Sooner or later the blower resistor is going to fail. As you've seen so far, testing it is a pretty easy affair.
In the following table I've recorded the results I got testing one on a Ford Ranger.
I can tell you that you're probably not going to see the exact same resistance values and that's OK. The important thing to remember is that if your multimeter shows you a NO continuity test result (indicated by the letters OL on your digital multimeter), the resistor block is bad and needs to be replaced.
More 2.3L Ford Tutorials
You can find a complete list of tutorials here: Ford 2.3L Index Of Articles.
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find there:
- 1992-1994 2.3L Ford Ranger Fuel Injector Wiring Diagram.
- How To Test The Throttle Position Sensor (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test The Ignition Module And Crank Sensor (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test For A Blown Head Gasket (2.3L Ranger, Mustang, B2300).
- How To Test The Fuel Injectors (1990-1997 2.3L Ford) (at: troubleshootmyvehicle.com).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!