Blower Resistor Continuity Specification Tables
I tested a 2002 Durango blower motor resistor block and recorded the results (in the table below) to further help you.
The important thing to remember is that if your multimeter shows you a NO continuity test result (indicated by the letters OL on your digital multimeter), the resistor block is bad and needs to be replaced.
Where To Buy The Blower Motor Resistor
The blower motor resistor is a very inexpensive part. The following links will help you to comparison shop for it and hopefully save you a few bucks:
More 4.7L Dodge Tutorials
You can find a complete list of 4.7L Dodge tutorials in this index:
Here's a small sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test The MAP Sensor (2000-2001 4.7L Dakota, Durango).
- How To Test The Throttle Position Sensor (2000-2007 4.7L Dodge).
- How To Test The Fuel Injectors (Dodge, Jeep 4.7L V8) (at troubleshootmyvehicle.com).
- How To Test For A Blown Head Gasket (4.7L Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep) (at troubleshootmyvehicle.com).
- How To Test The COP Ignition Coils (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep 4.7L) (at troubleshootmyvehicle.com).
If this info really saved the day, buy me a beer!